Friday, July 5, 2013

Banana Bread


I love banana bread and I don't make it nearly enough because bananas go pretty quickly in our house (I had to specifically ask Joe not to eat these ones and then buy him new ones to ensure he kept his end of the bargain!).







recipe modified from that of the courtesy of my Aunt's kitchen

Ingredients:
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking sida
1/2 cup butter (I used salted)
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs, beaten
2 1/3 cups mashed, ripe bananas
a pinch of cinnamon (I used a little more than a pinch!)
1 teaspoon vanilla

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 9x5 loaf pan (I used a glass Pyrex dish and it worked out really well).  
In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and cinnamon. In a separate bowl, cream together the butter and brown sugar. Add the vanilla and mix. Add eggs and mashed bananas to the butter/sugar mixture and stir. Combine the two mixtures, mixing well, and pour into the loaf pan.
Bake for 60 to 65 minutes (I took mine out at about 55 minutes).

Happy Friday everyone! I hope you had a lovely holiday and have a great weekend! Do you have any exciting plans? We're planning on spending some of our time at the beach... one of my favorite places to be :)

❤Britt

4 comments:

  1. Yum, yum, yum! I love banana bread especially when it's all warm and fresh from the oven.
    xo
    styleontheside.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just made this today! Of course, I substituted gluten-free flour for the regular, but it was absolutely delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm so glad you liked it! Hope you're doing well :) Thanks Nikki!

      Delete